Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is the use of bioidentical hormones as supplementation when your body is not naturally producing enough on its own for optimal health. Hormones are messenger chemicals that tell other parts of the body when and how to work. An imbalance of hormone levels may have widespread effects on your health and well-being. BHRT for women is most used to treat symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. However, hormonal imbalances may occur at any age, even in women as young as in their twenties. Bioidentical hormones are derived from plant estrogens and have the same molecular structure and act as natural human hormones. Bioidentical hormones can be custom compounded for each individual, according to a provider’s orders.
BHRT for Women
What is BHRT for women?
Benefits of BHRT for Women
When a woman’s hormones are out of balance, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help relieve a wide array of different symptoms, both physical and emotional. BHRT may alleviate symptoms by treating the cause, not just the symptoms themselves.
This treatment has been shown to:
- Lessen hot flashes and night sweats
- Relieve vaginal symptoms, such as dryness, itching, burning, and painful intercourse
- Improve sleep
- Increase energy
- Ease an overactive bladder and other urinary issues
- Relieve joint aches and pains
- Protect your bones to prevent future fractures
- Stabilize your mood, improve depression and anxiety
- Lower your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Reduce the irritability and brain fog that goes with insomnia
- Enhance your memory