Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is the use of bioidentical hormones to supplement your body’s natural supply when you aren’t producing enough on your own for optimal health. In men, BHRT is most used to treat the symptoms of andropause, an age-related decline in male hormone levels called testosterone deficiency. Although it has been compared to menopause in women, the decrease in hormones and onset of symptoms during andropause in men is slower and subtler than it is in women. However, low testosterone levels can occur for many reasons at any age, even as early as the teenage years.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
What is BHRT for Men?
Benefits of BHRT for Men
BHRT may alleviate symptoms by treating the cause, not just the symptoms themselves.
This treatment has been shown to:
- Increase energy and motivation
- Boost sex drive
- Help with erectile dysfunction
- Reduce fat, build muscle
- Improve sleep
- Reduce irritability
- Stabilize mood, improve depression and anxiety
- Enhance memory and concentration
- Help prevent prostate problems
- Strengthen bones to prevent fractures in later years
- Relieve hot flashes
- Lower risk of heart disease